Writing and publishing scientific papers is a challenging process for many academicians, researchers, postgraduate students and others scholars. Poor preparation of manuscripts and inappropriate selection of publishing channels often prevent or delay the publication of good scientific findings and ideas. Unfortunately, many scholars are often trained on subjects and technical aspects of science while the scholarly writing skills are neglected. In short, many good scholars lack scientific writing and publishing skills because they have never undertaken formal courses in this aspect. Many have only learned to imitate the writing styles and approaches of their instructors and previous authors.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Prepare high-quality manuscripts that have a high chance of being accepted for publication.
- Understand the structural components of scientific papers.
- Understand the publication process and how to deal with reviewers’ comments.
- Use citation and reference management software.
- Choose the right journals for publishing.
- Information retrieval and text mining
- Publication process and evaluation of published science
- Ethics in scientific writing,
- Information searching and discovery in an online environment
This short course is targeted to PhD candidate and MSc students by Research, faculty members, academic librarians and other researchers and practitioners from outside the Sokoine University of Agriculture.
The workshop cost is 500,000 TZS. A cost covers workshop fees, breakfast, lunch and certificates of attendance
The course will take place from 14th to 18th, June 2021 (5 days).
The Training Workshop is expected to be conducted at Sokoine University-Main Campus, Morogoro, SNAL Computer Lab.
- Tuition fees (full) may be paid before or on the same day of training commencement
- Participants will be responsible for their travel and up-keeping costs
- For practical’s and exercises a participant may come with their laptop
- Participants should confirm their attendance four (4) days before
Payments should be made through SUA ICT Consulting Bureau
CRDB Bank: 0150369072400 SUA ITCB Bank account.
Bank payment slips should be presented during registration, ITCB will provide all participants with an EFD receipt.
For more details please don’t hesitate to contact the course coordinator.
Mobile phone: 0753147427