Other selected newly acquired books December 2019
Other selected newly acquired books November 2019
Other selected newly acquired books September 2019
Title: Organizing Archival Records (2019)
This book focuses on arrangement and description which is the portion of archival work. In this book you will find understandable explanations of what it means to arrange and describe archival records, a simple step-by-step approach for the task, information about arranging and describing digital records, and specific advice about how to store and share information about your collection.
Title: The Social Media Marketing Workbook: How to use Social Media for Business (2019)
This is a workbook that not only explains how to market on social media (from Facebook to LinkedIn, YouTube to Pinterest, Instagram to Twitter to Yelp and back again) but also provide access to free social media marketing tools. It provides overviews, step-by-step instructions, tips and secrets to step-by-step worksheets and videos that will help you market your product, service or business on social media.
Title: History of Africa (2019)
This book provides a clear, basic and well-illustrated introduction to Africa’s long and fascinating past, which is easily understood based on the results of some of the most recent and up-to-date research. The book pays particular attention to social, economic, political and religious developments and the way in which these affect the lives of ordinary people.
Title: The Handbook of Communication Skills (2019)
This book provides reviews of research, theory, and practice pertaining to a range of key skills and dimensions of communication. It offers a selection of communication perspective which facilitates the interactive process. In this way, it proffers valuable information that can be used to reflect upon, refine, and extend one’s own personal style and pattern of interaction.
Title: Statistical Methods for the Social Sciences (2018)
This book emphasizes on concepts and applications, using examples and exercises with a variety of “real data”. It is comprised of illustrations, and takes advantage of the outstanding applets for explaining key concepts such as sampling distributions and for conducting basic data analysis.
Title: Learn Ethical Hacking from Scratch: Your Stepping Stone to Penetration Testing (2018)
This book is intended for anyone who wants to learn how to perform hacking/penetration testing. It is designed to start from scratch, assuming no prior knowledge, and takes you all the way to a strong intermediate level in the subject.
Title: Research Design: Qualitative, Quantitative, and Mixed Methods Approaches (2018)
This book advances a framework, a process, and compositional approaches for designing qualitative, quantitative and mixed methods research in the human, health and social sciences. The book addresses the key elements of the process of research: writing an introduction, stating purpose for the study, identifying research questions and hypothesis, and advancing methods and procedures for data collection and analysis. The book is intended for graduate students and faculty who seek assistance in preparing a plan or proposal for a scholarly journal article, dissertation, or thesis.
Title: Methods of Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (2018)
This book intends to improve the practice of Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) by providing information about how ESIA are, and should be carried out. The book focuses on practical assessment methods and techniques used in the part of the ESIA process concerned with analysing a development’s impacts on these environmental and social components.
Title: Penetration Testing with Shellcode: Detect, Exploit, and Secure network level, and Operating System Vulnerabilities. (2018)
This book is all about finding buffer overflow vulnerabilities, crafting your own shellcode from scratch, learning the security mechanisms of the operating system, and exploit development. This book is a step-by-step guide that will take you from low-level security skills to covering loops with exploit development and shellcode. The book is intended to be read by penetration testers, malware analysts, security researchers, forensic practitioners, exploit developers, C language programmers, software testers, and students in the security field.
Title: Basics of Human Genetics. (2017)
This book correlates the basics of genetics with clinical aspects of common genetic disorders in a lucid and easy-to-understand manner. Extensive explanation has been given on various branches of cytogenetics, biochemical and molecular genetics for better understanding. The book is essential for undergraduate and postgraduate medical, dental and paramedical students in explaining the elements of human genetics.
Title: Good Agricultural Practices for greenhouse Vegetable Crops: Principles for Mediterranean Climate Areas. (2013)
This publication discusses the principles of good agricultural practices as they may be applied to greenhouse farming in the Mediterranean climate areas. It illustrate different aspects of greenhouse crop production with special emphasis on greenhouse technologies, design and climate control, cropping systems, especially those practices which help reduce pests and diseases incidence in crops. It is a useful training guide for trainers and resource document for advanced growers and stakeholders of the greenhouse vegetable value chain.
OTHER NEW ACQUIRED BOOK
- Field, A. (2018). Discovering Statistics Using IBM SPSS Statistics..
- Ghosh, Peu (2018), International relations 4th ed.
- FAO (2018), The state of food and agriculture: migration, agriculture and rural development
- FAO (2018), OECD-FAO agricultural outlook 2018-2027
- Baylis, J. , Smith, S. & Owens, P. (2017). Globalization of World Politics: An Introduction to International Relations.
- Gastel, B. & Day, R.A. (2017). How to write and publish a scientific paper.
- Kerzner, H.R. (2017). Project Management: A systems Approach to Planning, Scheduling, and Controlling.
- Cotton, R.T. (2017). Insect Pests of stored Grain and Grain Products: Identification Habits and Methods of Control.
- Robinson, M. and Ward, R. C (2017), Hydrology: principles and processes
- Diwan, Parag (2017), Business communication. 2nd ed.
- FAO (2017), OECD-FAO agricultural outlook 2017-2026
- Rubin, R.E. (2016). Foundation of Library and Information Science.
- Bryman, A. (2016). Social Research Methods.
- Gertler, J.P., World Bank. & Martinez, S. (2016). Impact evaluation in Practice.
- FAO (2016), New directions for inclusive pluralistic service systems: report of FAO expert consultation
- FAO (2016), Trees, forests and land use in drylands: the first global assessment
- FAO (2016), Developing gender-sensitive value chains: a guiding framework
- FAO (2015), Voluntary Guidelines for securing sustainable small scale fisheries in the context of food security and poverty eradication
- Kaul, Asha (2015), Effective business communication. 2nd ed.
- Zar, Jerrold H. (2014), Biostatistical analysis. 5th ed.
- FAO (2014), Agroecology for food security and nutrition: proceedings of the FAO international symposium
- FAO (2014), Review of animal welfare legislation in the beef, pork and poultry industries
- FAO (2014), Developing new approaches to global stock status assessment and fishery production potential of the seas
- FAO (2014), Adapting to climate change through land and water management in Eastern Africa: results of pilot projects in Ethiopia, Kenya and Tanzania